GCSE English Language Description model answers are perfect for mock exam preparation, revision and last-minute exam practice.
“Thanks for this really useful book. It’s near-on impossible to find excellent GCSE English model answers so we were really happy to find your range of GCSE English model answers.”
These Grade 9 GCSE English Language Description model answers are available immediately as a PDF download.
“These books are great. They are succinct, streamlined and on point. There’s no unnecessary jargon. Each of the English Language books have clear samples of a grade 9 writing response. For us, seeing the model answers is what we needed.”
Writing a Description under timed conditions is incredibly difficult so get the best preparation for exam success by reading, and learning from, these model answers and then by doing regular timed exam practice. Use these models to guide your planning and structuring of a range of different Description topics.
Each chapter contains an exam task and a planning checklist designed to help students do regular timed writing practice. There are also twelve complete model answers, based on recent exam questions, to help students understand what a good description looks like.
Each model answer demonstrates what the examiners are looking for:
- powerful, varied vocabulary choices
- extensive use of figurative language technique
- vivid sense of place
- cohesive and varied grammar
- accurate spelling and punctuation
This book is also available in paperback and/or hardback version from Amazon.
- A journey by bus
- A description of an old person
- A description of a market place
- A description of a beautiful place
- A description of a mysterious place
- A description of a familiar yet unusual place
- A description of the sky
- A description of the day after a festival
- A description of a shop
- A description with the title ‘Downhill’
- A description of a crowded street
- A description of a factory