GCSE English Language Creative Story model answers are perfect for mock exam preparation, revision and last-minute exam practice.
“Very happy with this book. I bought two in this series for my nephew and he has worked really well through them both and can now answer exam questions with confidence. I couldn’t ask for more, thank you.”
These Grade 9 GCSE English Language Creative Story model answers are available immediately as a PDF download.
“An essential resource for all GCSE English students.“
Writing a Creative Story under timed conditions is incredibly difficult so get the best preparation for exam success by reading, and learning from, these model answers and then by doing regular timed exam practice. Use these model answers to guide your planning and structuring of a range of different Creative Story topics.
Each chapter contains an exam task and a planning checklist designed to help students do regular timed writing practice. There are also twelve complete model answers, based on recent exam questions, to help students understand what a good exam story looks like. Each model answer demonstrates what the examiners are looking for:
- powerful, varied vocabulary choices
- insightful characterisation
- naturalistic, well punctuated, dialogue
- vivid sense of place
- coherent plotting
- cohesive and varied grammar
- accurate spelling and punctuation
This book is also available in paperback and/or hardback version from Amazon.
- A story set by the sea
- A story about a sporting or cultural event
- A story about a place that is severely affected by the weather
- A story in which a character makes a snap decision
- A story about a time when things turned out unexpectedly
- A story with the title ‘Abandoned’
- A story with the title ‘A New Start’
- A story about two people from very different backgrounds
- A story set in a mountainous area
- A story about a game that goes badly wrong
- A story about an escape
- A story about a difficult journey